Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My friend, Becca died back in 1993, and I am wondering how to find the obituary online.?

I doubt that you will be able to find it online any more. But Newspaper Index might have it. Check your public library.My friend, Becca died back in 1993, and I am wondering how to find the obituary online.?
Google her name. Her full name.





My dad's obit is online from my hometown's newspaper. I typed in his full name, and it lead me to the link.





Sorry for your lost. Hope you find it.My friend, Becca died back in 1993, and I am wondering how to find the obituary online.?
I think you would have better luck at the local library to look up microfiche media.
Usually, you have to pay for archives online. My advice, go to your main city/town library and go through their archives. I live in Chicago, and the main library has every newspaper from Chicago ever printed.
I'm sorry for your loss of your friend.





You might check your county library's website to see if they offer access to NewBank, a newspaper database. Where I live, the Fresno County library allows you to log in using your library card number. Newspapers can be searched all the way back to 1986, and the entire text -- including obituaries -- is included. Since NewsBank is a paid service, various libraries may or may not offer it.
newsobserver.com and go to obituaries....type her name. or google her name.
Sorry for your loss... See if the hometown newspaper has a website. You may be able to contact them and download it. KTnTexas
I doubt you will find the obituary on line because newspapers didn't publish on line back then. You can contact the paper with the date and name and they will charge you for a search of their archives. A large city library may have the papers archived in microfilm and you can search for it yourself. Saves money but takes time.
You may have to go to a news paper website and search or maybe even google/yahoo/blingo/whatever it. You can even call up the newspaper and ask them for a copy of the newspaper or even go to the library and look through their newspaper collection (if they have one).
you should be able to go to your public library and they should have that newspaper on file so you can look it up and pull it off there files. I know this because my husband has pulled things that happend when he was growing up in the past few years and this is stuff from the sixties. I don't know if you can pull it up on the web. another option you can do is contact the newspaper company and explain that you are looking for her obituary and they might be willing to send you a copy of it to you ( my husband did this one time to get some articles from the sixties). I really hopes this helps you out some way and sorry to hear about your friend even though it was awhile ago. I now how it feels to lose someone you know.
Check this website.





http://www.legacy.com/Obituaries.asp
  • inc.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    tanning products