Saturday, December 5, 2009

My sister plans to call her daughter rebecca. should her nickname be becca or becky?

A nickname is supposed to be what comes naturally. Wait until the baby is born and see what feels right.My sister plans to call her daughter rebecca. should her nickname be becca or becky?
I think either will turn out nice! Go with what flows well. Sometimes too some nicknames bode well or not as well with middle or last names even if the nickname isn't the given name. I notice a lot of times it will end up being whatever may be easiest for siblings, cousins, or grandparents to pronounce.





Also sometimes as your niece gets older she also may decide what nickname she likes depending on her interactions at school. You know how it it, kids will sometimes ';suddenly decide'; what they think a certain way sounds cooler, or more childish. And she will let you know!





Much luck to your sister on her pregnancy and impending birth!My sister plans to call her daughter rebecca. should her nickname be becca or becky?
Just see what happens. I don't think nicknames should be contrived, just start talking to her and see what happens. Something will flow. And maybe it'll be Becky, maybe Becca. Maybe, it'll be Missy, Gorgeous, or Bubby. Perhaps even Spotty, or Bubbicuddles, or Iddly. Whatever seems to work for her at the time. And as she grows, it'll change and between herself and her friends they'll work it out. My name's Rachel, I introduce myself as Rachel, and I'd say I have no nickname, but the people closest to me started calling me Rach, and I didn't even notice. Just one day by best friend called me Rachel, and I thought I was in trouble. What does stick out is the day my Auntie called me Rae, because it was a nickname she'd heard for Rachel and she thought I'd like it. I didn't.





So don't worry about it. Just see what happens.
Becky is very cue although i would go with Bec. I have a friend named Rebecca who is known as Becky-It is different and suits a person when they are nicknamed that from a young age.Although don't force the nickname, just let it come to you.All the best
lol my aunts name is rebecca but as a child everyone called her becky and we still do it is fun you know but thats my opinion. hope i helped
Depends on what she wants to nickname her. They our both nicknames for Rebecca. There's a Rebecca and some people call her Becky and some people call her Becca :P So you can have both.
I like Becca better than Becky. Becca sounds preppy. I like B. alone. our friend's baby is Brooklynn and we call her B. soo cute
Call her just Bec.


Becky is an ugly name no offence, it sounds a little trashy.


And Becca sounds childish.


My name is Rebecca and I go by Bec.
i would call her Becca. i love this nick name its cute but also something that she could be called as a teenager without it being ';too cute'; if you know what i mean.
Definately Becca. Becky sounds too common
I think Becca is a cuts nickname for a little girl. When she grows up she will probably get called Bec.
Becky
Becky
called her Becca :)


but that's just me not you or your sister.


Good luck with the new little one :D
Hmm Rebecca is an old name. I'm not too fond of it but if i had to choose a nickname it would be Becca
Either or. It doesn't really matter.





I would nickname her Becca but that's just me.
Becca or Bec


dont really like becky
Becca is much more cuter!








:)
Becca.....that's so much cuter. Becky sounds like a old person's name.....
becky while she is little....when she gets older like 3rd grade..Becca
Bex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tanning products